Subject: RE:PAR pattern flashing
From: [email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin)
To: [email-masked] (Lightwave)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 07:22:47 -0700

>I have rendered a couple of animations to my PAR and when I play them back
>at 30 FPS it flashes a "funny" (or not so) checkerboard (red & blue) every
>couple of frames.  This doesn't appear at slower playback rates.  My block
>limit is set as high as allowed (according to documentation) and Q factor 
at
>23.  I am using a Seagate 540 MB drive.  What am I doing wrong?

Lower the block limit if you plan on re-importing the frames. If your drive 
is getting full, delete or store old anims to another drive and do a reorig 
of your PAR drive.This may clear up the flashing problem.

PAR anims on the outer portion of the HD platter can use higher block limits 
than the inner part of the HD. This area (inner portion) is where stills are 
stored.
Use the MAP button in the PAR interface screen to see what block limmit 
setting you should use. There are white numbers above the graph that shows 
where the data is stored on your drive. Where there is no graph, this is 
where your next anim will be placed. use the number above this area as a 
reference, as to what your block limit setting should be. I usually use a 
slightly smaller block limit setting in case I over-run into the next 
sector.

I read in the PAR doc's you can export a bad anim using the YUV export 
function, and then re-import at a lower block limit using YUV import. I 
haven tried this yet, but It it might save you some re-rendering time if it 
works.

--
[email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]